Welcome to the official website of The Chief Electoral Officer of Sikkim.



      Q.1   I have shifted my residence recently. How do I ensure that I am enrolled in my new place of residence and my name is deleted from the old place?
    Ans. In case new residence is in the same constituency please fill form 8A otherwise form 6 and submit to DERO (DM) or AERO (SDM) of the area of your new residence.
    Q.2   I have shifted my residence recently. I have Photo ID Card with the old address. Can I get new I Card for the present address?
  Ans .First of all please  ensure that you have enrolled your self in the Electoral Roll of the concerned AC, where you are now residing procedure is given as in ans no.1. Subsequently, changes will be made in existing Identity Card.
  Q.3   My old I Card is defective. I would like to have a new I Card with correct particulars. What is the procedure?
  Ans. You can get your I Card rectified at Photography center when the work of preparation of Photo ID card begins.
  Q.4    I am a tenant and my landlord does not want me to get enrolled. How can I get enrolled as a voter?
  Ans . To get enrolled in the voter list is your fundamental right. Please check the  Electoral role of your area at DERO (DM)/AERO (SDM) office. If your name is not included please fill up Form 6 and deposit it with the DERO.
  Q.5   I have shifted my residence recently to Sikkim from another State where I was registered as a voter. I have an I Card issued from the previous place of residence. How can I get a new I Card at the present place of address and what will I do with the old I Card?
  Ans. Please get your name deleted from the previous address, which will facilitate your registration in Sikkim. After that please get enrolled by filling up form-6 and depositing the same along with the proof of deletion in the office of DERO(DM). 
  Q.6    I will be attaining the age of 18 on 1.1.2002. What proof do I need to show to get enrolled?
  Ans. You can submit the proof of Date of Birth from the authorized agency (Passport, Matric certificate, Date of Birth certificate etc.)
  Q.7  Enumerator has visited my house and taken down the details. How do I ensure that my name is finally included in the electoral rolls ?
  Ans.  He must have handed over you record of Enumeration, which is your acknowledgement. You can check your name in the draft roll, which will be published and available at the office of the DERO concerned to confirm that your name exists in the roll.