SVEEP is based on multiple general as well as targeted interventions which are designed according to the socio-economic, cultural and demographic profile of the state as well as the history of electoral participation in previous rounds of elections and learning thereof.
Awareness Programs on SVEEP is being conducted in all four Districts of Sikkim by the concern BLOs, SOs, AEROs and EROs, Office of the DEOs and the Office of the CEO to educate people about the importance of electoral registration, voting and to motivate them to participate in the voting process.
CEO Sikkim in synergy with Civil Society Organisations, Media, Corporate Houses, various line Departments, Panchayats, Municipal Corporations is working towards achieving goals and targets for building a stronger and wider participation.
1. Awareness programmes on Voter Education
2.Orientation programme for Service Voters
3. Signature Campaigns
4. Mobile Van Camps
5. Mobile Van Camps
6. EVM & VVPAT awareness campaigns
7. Media Campaigns through music videos, skits, social media
8. Publicity through print and electronic media
9. Appointed State Icons for encouraging young voters
10.Video appeals by local celebrities
11.Cartoons on ethical voting in print media
12. Various activities under ELC like painting, essay, debate, elocution, quiz, games competition.
13. Special Campaigns for enrolment of new voters in Institutes of Higher Education
14. Awareness Booths in Carnivals, festivals and fairs.
15. Election song played during garbage collection every morning by Municipal garbage trucks.
16. Radio jingles
17. Awareness programme for political parties
18. Workshop for leaders of ethnic communities and NGOs working with PwDs
In consonance with the directives of the Commission the following programmes are being held all over the State: